Each year at SELF, we work hard to highlight the best in healthy beauty, sneakers, and fitness apparel. This year, we’re excited to announce the SELF Certified Activewear Awards, designed to showcase all the top new sports bras, leggings, and much, much more.
To determine our winners, we’ll be tapping SELF editors and our network of respected athletes and trainers to thoroughly test each item during their workouts, keeping tabs on key factors like performance, fit, comfort, and style. If you’re interested in sending items for consideration, read on for our complete submission guidelines, including what products we’re looking for and how you can submit. A few quick notes on submissions:
- Products must be new and released between May 1, 2021 and January 15, 2022. (Updated colorways or patterns on existing styles are acceptable for submission. Items must be available for pre-order or purchase by January 15, 2022.)
- Eligible brands must ensure that products are available in extended sizing. Frequently, SELF’s usual minimum is size 3X. As part of the judging process, we will evaluate the company’s commitment to size inclusivity.
We are accepting submissions in the following categories:
- sports bras: including low-impact, medium-impact, and high-impact in all cup sizes; maternity and nursing, plus longline bras, and crop tops
- leggings: including leggings for yoga, HIIT, barre, cycling (indoor and outdoor), high-waisted, cold weather, compression, recovery, outdoor and hiking, plus running tights
- tank tops
- shirts and bodysuits: including t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts
- shorts: including running shorts, bike shorts, soccer shorts, and skorts
- windbreakers and jackets
- sweatpants and track pants
- sweatshirts and hoodies
Editor’s note: This list may change. We may add or remove categories. Submission acceptance is subject to editors’ discretion.
Please email submissions to Hannah Pasternak, associate director of special projects, at [email protected] Each submission should include:
- product name
- product category
- release date
- available size range
- product images (If using a file-sharing service, please be sure that access to images does not expire)
- any info sheets or other relevant press release information
Please do NOT send samples at this time. If we decide to test your product, we’ll contact you to request samples. Product samples must be available for testing by mid-October 2021. Please note that any products tested cannot be returned.
Product submissions are due by Friday, October 8, 2021.