Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina is the setting for the Appalachian State Mountaineers’ (0-0) matchup against the East Carolina Pirates (0-0). The Pirates (on the moneyline to win) will match up with the Mountaineers ( ) on September 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPNU. A total of points has been set for the contest by oddsmakers.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of August 24, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Appalachian State Vs. East Carolina Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Appalachian State Offense Vs. East Carolina Defense (2020)
|Appalachian State Offense||Stats (Rank)||East Carolina Defense|
|33.8 (28)||Points/Gm||35.4 (102)|
|452.0 (23)||Yards/Gm||447.3 (103)|
|187.0 (105)||Pass Yards/Gm||246.0 (85)|
|265.0 (6)||Rush Yards/Gm||201.3 (98)|
|7.5 (56)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (68)|
|5.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||5.2 (106)|
|51.2% (5)||3rd Down %||36.9% (33)|
|17 (102)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|20 (69)||Sacks||14 (83)|
East Carolina Offense Vs. Appalachian State Defense (2020)
|East Carolina Offense||Stats (Rank)||Appalachian State Defense|
|30.2 (50)||Points/Gm||20.0 (16)|
|402.7 (58)||Yards/Gm||329.4 (18)|
|228.9 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||177.9 (9)|
|173.8 (57)||Rush Yards/Gm||151.5 (48)|
|7.0 (74)||Yards/Pass||6.1 (7)|
|4.3 (66)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (47)|
|33.1% (108)||3rd Down %||37.8% (43)|
|21 (122)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|23 (91)||Sacks||26 (24)|
When Appalachian State Has The Ball
- The Mountaineers were fifth with 5.8 yards per carry last year, compared to the 5.2 per rush the Pirates gave up (106th in the FBS).
- Appalachian State had the sixth-ranked rushing offense in the FBS last year (265.0 yards per game), and will be up against the 98th-ranked defense in that category from a year ago, as East Carolina allowed 201.3 per game.
- The Mountaineers averaged 452.0 yards per game last season to rank 23rd in the FBS, while the Pirates allowed 447.3 per game (25th-most in college football).
- Appalachian State ranked 102nd in college football last season, committing 17 turnovers, while East Carolina was 25th with 18 turnovers forced.
When East Carolina Has The Ball
- The Pirates were the FBS’ 122nd-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers last season (21), and are playing the 25th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Mountaineers (18).
- East Carolina’s pass protection resulted in 23 sacks given up last season, 37th-most in college football. Appalachian State’s defense totaled 26 (24th-most).
- The Mountaineers’ defense allowed 6.1 yards per pass attempt last season (seventh in FBS). The Pirates’ offense averaged 7.0 yards per pass (74th).
- East Carolina had a 33.1% third-down conversion rate a season ago, 108th in the FBS. Appalachian State allowed third-down conversions on 37.8% of its opponents’ attempts (43rd).
Appalachian State Betting Trends And Insights
- Appalachian State won just two games against the spread last season.
- The Mountaineers covered the spread twice last season (2-4-1 ATS) when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- Appalachian State’s games hit the over four out of 11 times last season.
- Appalachian State and its opponents combined to score more than 58.5 points in three of 11 games last season.
- The Mountaineers were the moneyline favorite eight total times last season. They finished 6-2 in those games.
East Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
- East Carolina covered five times in nine matchups with a spread last season.
- The Pirates had an ATS record of 3-1 when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs last season.
- East Carolina’s games went over the point total six out of nine times last year.
- Appalachian State’s 11 games last season went over this contest’s total of 58.5 points three times.
- The Pirates won two of the seven games they played as underdogs last season.
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- Zac Thomas recorded 2,189 passing yards (182.4 yards per game) with a 63.9% completion percentage last year (186-of-291), while throwing 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also added 313 rushing yards on 90 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 26.1 yards per game.
- Camerun Peoples rushed for 1,124 yards on 168 attempts (93.7 yards per game) while scoring 12 touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year, Daetrich Harrington rushed for 595 yards on 106 carries (99.2 ypg), with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Thomas Hennigan grabbed 47 passes for 616 yards (51.3 yards per game) with three touchdowns.
- Malik Williams’ stat line last year showed 41 catches for 536 yards and three touchdowns. He put up 48.7 receiving yards per game.
- Last year Jalen Virgil caught 22 passes for 225 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 25.0 receiving yards per game.
East Carolina Players To Watch
- Holton Ahlers racked up 1,927 passing yards (240.9 yards per game) with a 61.3% completion percentage last year (165-of-269), while throwing 18 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He also tacked on 109 rushing yards on 54 carries with one touchdown, averaging 13.6 yards per game.
- A season ago, Rahjai Harris churned out 624 rushing yards (78.0 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns.
- Last year Keaton Mitchell ran for 443 yards on 88 carries (49.2 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Blake Proehl notched 47 catches for 577 yards (64.1 ypg) with four touchdowns.
- Tyler Snead’s stat line last year showed 53 grabs for 524 yards and five touchdowns. He put up 58.2 receiving yards per game.
- C.J. Johnson totaled 405 yards on 19 catches with six touchdowns in 2020, averaging 45.0 yards per game .
Powered By Data Skrive using data from