C-USA foes square off when the Charlotte 49ers (2-0, 0-0 C-USA) take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-1, 0-1 C-USA) at McColl-Richardson Field in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Blue Raiders,on the moneyline to win, visit the 49ers, listed at on the spread, on September 24, 2021 at 6:30 PM ET on CBS Sports. Oddsmakers have set the contest’s point total at .
In this article we will explain what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, stats and trends, while also providing you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Charlotte Vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Charlotte Offense Vs. Middle Tennessee Defense
|49ers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Blue Raiders Defense|
|34.5 (45)||Points/Gm||25.0 (85)|
|476.0 (32)||Yards/Gm||185.0 (6)|
|246.0 (52)||Pass Yards/Gm||93.0 (7)|
|230.0 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||92.0 (36)|
|8.9 (34)||Yards/Pass||4.4 (7)|
|5.3 (27)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (52)|
|53.1% (16)||3rd Down %||42.9% (95)|
|2 (52)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||3 (38)|
Middle Tennessee Offense Vs. Charlotte Defense
|Middle Tennessee Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charlotte Defense|
|32.0 (63)||Points/Gm||19.0 (50)|
|310.5 (109)||Yards/Gm||394.0 (90)|
|227.5 (65)||Pass Yards/Gm||139.0 (24)|
|83.0 (118)||Rush Yards/Gm||255.0 (126)|
|7.8 (58)||Yards/Pass||5.5 (30)|
|2.6 (120)||Yards/Rush||6.3 (127)|
|40.0% (67)||3rd Down %||37.0% (73)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||3 (38)|
When Charlotte Has The Ball
- The 49ers are 16th in the FBS in third-down percentage (53.1%) and will be facing the 95th-ranked Blue Raiders defense in that category (42.9%).
- Charlotte’s 246.0 passing yards per game ranks 52nd in the FBS. Middle Tennessee’s defense gives up 93.0 through the air (seventh in college football).
- The 49ers are the FBS’ 52nd-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (2), and are facing the 11th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Blue Raiders (4).
- Charlotte has the 45th-ranked offense in the FBS (34.5 points per game), and will be up against Middle Tennessee’s 85th-ranked defense (25.0 ppg).
When Middle Tennessee Has The Ball
- The Blue Raiders average 227.5 passing yards per game (65th in the FBS). They will be up against take on the 49ers’ defense which ranks 24th, allowing 139.0 yards per game through the air.
- Charlotte ranks 58th in college football with two turnovers forced, while Middle Tennessee has committed one (20th).
- The 49ers’ defense gives up 5.5 yards per pass attempt (30th in the FBS). The Blue Raiders’ offense averages 7.8 yards per pass (58th in college football).
- Middle Tennessee is 109th in college football, racking up 310.5 yards per game, while Charlotte ranks 90th in yards conceded (394.0).
Charlotte Betting Trends And Insights
- Charlotte has a record of 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The 49ers have won their only game this season when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- The 49ers have not played as the moneyline favorite so far this season.
Middle Tennessee Betting Trends And Insights
- The Blue Raiders have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- The Blue Raiders lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Charlotte Players To Watch
- This year, Chris Reynolds has racked up 427 passing yards (213.5 yards per game) while going 29-for-47 (61.7% completion percentage) and throwing four touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 97 rushing yards on 14 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 48.5 yards per game.
- Calvin Camp has churned out a team-high 107 rushing yards (53.5 yards per game) and scored one touchdown.
- This season Victor Tucker has 12 catches and leads the team with 166 yards (83.0 per game).
- Grant DuBose’s stat line this year shows six catches for 164 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 82.0 receiving yards per game.
- Ryan Carriere has 23 receiving yards on one catches, averaging 23.0 yards per game.
Middle Tennessee Players To Watch
- Bailey Hockman leads the team with 422 passing yards (211.0 yards per game) and has a 66.7% completion percentage this year (36-of-54) while throwing four touchdowns with one interception.
- Amir Rasul has run for a team-leading 57 yards on 22 attempts (28.5 yards per game).
- So far this year Chaton Mobley has run for 44 yards on 14 carries (22.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jimmy Marshall has eight catches and paces his team with 111 receiving yards (111.0 ypg).
- CJ Windham has added 15 yards (on three catches) and one touchdown.
- Jamichael Thompson has totaled 13 yards on one catches, averaging 13.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from