The No. 7 Cincinnati Bearcats (4-0, 0-0 AAC) will fight to keep their four-game winning streak intact in matchup with the Temple Owls (3-2, 1-0 AAC). The Bearcats () kick things off on October 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN against the Owls ( on the moneyline to win). The contest’s over/under is currently listed at .
Before making a bet on this game, check out this article to see the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 3, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cincinnati Vs. Temple Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Cincinnati Offense Vs. Temple Defense
|Bearcats Offense||Stats (Rank)||Owls Defense|
|38.3 (17)||Points/Gm||30.2 (99)|
|411.8 (55)||Yards/Gm||313.8 (38)|
|265.8 (38)||Pass Yards/Gm||142.2 (7)|
|146.0 (82)||Rush Yards/Gm||171.6 (98)|
|8.9 (26)||Yards/Pass||5.7 (13)|
|4.5 (53)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (72)|
|31.7% (111)||3rd Down %||35.3% (53)|
|5 (53)||Turnovers||3 (103)|
|3 (18)||Sacks||3 (107)|
Temple Offense Vs. Cincinnati Defense
|Temple Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cincinnati Defense|
|27.4 (80)||Points/Gm||14.5 (8)|
|362.8 (90)||Yards/Gm||309.3 (34)|
|233.6 (64)||Pass Yards/Gm||184.8 (34)|
|129.2 (91)||Rush Yards/Gm||124.5 (48)|
|7.4 (77)||Yards/Pass||5.2 (5)|
|3.9 (82)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (33)|
|35.3% (96)||3rd Down %||34.9% (51)|
|6 (72)||Turnovers||9 (11)|
|9 (96)||Sacks||3 (107)|
When Cincinnati Has The Ball
- The Owls pass rush is one of the FBS’ worst, ranking 107th with three sacks this season, while the Bearcats offense is one of the best at protecting the passer, allowing only three (18th in college football).
- Cincinnati has the 17th-ranked offense in the FBS (38.3 points per game), and will be facing Temple’s 99th-ranked defense (30.2 ppg).
- The Bearcats are successful on 31.7% of their third-down plays (111th in college football). The Owls’ defense gives up third-down conversions at a 35.3% clip (53rd).
- Temple ranks 103rd in college football with three turnovers forced, while Cincinnati has committed five (53rd).
When Temple Has The Ball
- The Bearcats’ defense gives up 5.2 yards per pass attempt (fifth in the FBS). The Owls’ offense averages 7.4 yards per pass (77th in college football).
- Cincinnati has the eighth-ranked scoring defense (14.5 points per game). Temple’s 80th-ranked scoring offense averages 27.4 points per game.
- The Owls are the FBS’ 72nd-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (6), and are playing the 11th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Bearcats (9).
- Temple averages 362.8 yards per game to rank 90th in the FBS. They play a Cincinnati defense ranked 34th, allowing 309.3 yards per game.
Cincinnati Betting Trends And Insights
- Cincinnati has covered three times in four games with a spread this season.
- The Bearcats have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 28.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, two of Cincinnati’s games have gone over the point total.
- In two games this season, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to score more than 53 points.
- The Bearcats have been favored on the moneyline a total of three times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
Temple Betting Trends And Insights
- Temple has covered twice in four chances against the spread this season.
- This season, games featuring Temple have hit the over twice.
- Temple and its opponents have scored more than 53 combined points twice this season.
- The Owls have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Cincinnati Players To Watch
- This year, Desmond Ridder has racked up 1,045 passing yards (261.3 yards per game) while going 73-for-115 (63.5% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 98 rushing yards on 30 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 24.5 yards per game.
- Jerome Ford has racked up a team-high 367 rushing yards (91.8 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- Alec Pierce has racked up 15 receptions for 294 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 73.5 receiving yards per game.
- Tyler Scott has hauled in seven catches for 172 yards (57.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jadon Thompson has collected 112 yards on six receptions, averaging 37.3 yards per game.
Temple Players To Watch
- D’Wan Mathis leads the team with 762 passing yards (254.0 yards per game) and has a 61.3% completion percentage this year (65-of-106) while throwing five touchdowns with one interception. He also has 54 rushing yards on 16 carries with one touchdown, averaging 18.0 yards per game.
- Edward Saydee has taken 43 attempts for a team-leading 165 rushing yards (33.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Tayvon Ruley has rushed for 149 yards on 26 carries (29.8 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Jose Barbon has 21 catches, leading his team with 280 yards (56.0 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- Randle Jones’ stat line this year shows 14 catches for 240 yards and two touchdowns. He averages 80.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season Amad Anderson Jr. is averaging 43.3 yards per game, with nine catches for 173 yards and one touchdown.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from